Grilled Vegetable Salad Ingredients
- Tomato 1 piece (large)
- Zucchini 1 piece (medium)
- Eggplant 1 piece
- Bulgarian pepper 1-2 pieces (depending on size)
- Onions (red or white) 1 piece
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Parsley to taste
- Dill greens to taste
- Sunflower oil as required for frying
- Olive oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Wine vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Eggplant, Onion, Pepper, Tomato, Zucchini, Greens
- Serving 2 servings
Grill, deep plate, kitchen knife, bowl, cutting board, fork, disposable paper towels.
Making a salad of grilled vegetables:
Step 1: Prepare the vegetables.
Preparation of vegetables for grilling them begins with the selection of the necessary ingredients. So the tomato should be resilient, not loose, ripe and not watery. It is better to take zucchini of medium or small size with a delicate peel that can easily be scratched with a fingernail. Pepper and eggplant should also be ripe and resilient, and most importantly not dry.
Rinse vegetables properly, cut off all unnecessary from them, all tails and stalks. Peel off the onion. Peeling the remaining vegetables from the peel is not necessary, since, if you wish, this can be done after cooking. The ingredients need to be cut into large pieces, and the tomato and pepper can be baked entirely. Cut the eggplant and zucchini into circles or longitudinal strips. Chop the onion with plump rings, or divide into halves.
Step 2: Cook the vegetables on the grill.
When a fire has already burned out in your brazier, leaving hot coals, you can start cooking vegetables. To do this, grease the grill with sunflower oil, removing excess with a paper towel. Spread the first portion on the wire rack. Arrange the pieces of vegetables so that they do not touch each other.
A big plus of vegetables is that you do not need to fry them on the grill at all for a long time, no more 10 minutes, but at the same time they need to be monitored and turned over so that they do not burn and fry on both sides, acquiring a characteristic strip. You can check the readiness of vegetables by piercing them with the tip of a knife or a fork. If some pieces are fried before others, be sure to remove them so as not to overexpose.
Attention: if you cook grilled vegetables at home, then do not abuse vegetable oil for frying, otherwise it will turn out to have a completely different taste.
Step 3: Prepare the garlic.
While the vegetables are fried, you can very quickly prepare the rest of the ingredients for the salad. So peel the garlic cloves and chop with a knife.
Step 4: Prepare the greens.
Rinse the greens, preferably with warm water, dry and cut into very small pieces.
Step 5: Preparing the dressing.
To prepare the dressing, combine vinegar with olive oil, add salt and black pepper to taste to them and mix to get an almost uniform sauce.
Step 6: Mix the grilled vegetable salad.
Grilled vegetables, cut into smaller pieces, sprinkle in a deep plate, add chopped garlic, parsley and dill, season with dressing and mix. If you find it necessary, add a little more salt and pepper. And immediately after cooking, serve the salad to the table, without a moment's delay.
Step 7: Serve the grilled vegetable salad.
Grilled vegetable salad is a wonderful dish to distract the whole company and calmly cook barbecue or barbecue, which takes a lot more time. And who refuses to crunch fragrant vegetables with spicy dressing for funny talk? Therefore, cook and eat with pleasure.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of wine vinegar, if you could not find one at hand, you can use apple cider vinegar or even replace it with lemon juice.
- Grilled vegetables salad, goes well with goat cheese, so you can serve them on the same plate.
- In addition to the grilled vegetables I indicated, you can cook corn, fennel, mushrooms, asparagus and sweet potato. Therefore, choose what you like best.
- If you just put the pepper on the grill in a plastic bag for a few minutes, then after you can easily clean it of charred skin.