Ingredients for making carbonara paste in a slow cooker
- Smoked pork brisket 250 grams
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Cream (preferably at least 30-33% fat) 200 milliliters
- Spaghetti (raw, medium thickness No. 2) 250 grams
- Ketchup (light without additives) 2 tablespoons
- Hard cheese 150 grams (Parmesan or Dutch)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried basil to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Main ingredients: Pork, Cheese, Cream, Pasta
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, grater, stove, deep plate, kettle, crock-pot, wooden or silicone kitchen spatula or plastic spoon, portion plate.
Cooking carbonara paste in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
So, if all the necessary products are in your refrigerator and you want to feed your family delicious food, then you can start. First, we print out the package with smoked pork belly, send the meat to a cutting board and chop it with straws or small plates 1 cm thick.
Then with a clean knife we cut off the paraffin crust from the hard cheese and grind it on a fine or medium grater into a clean dish. Then remove the husks from the cloves of garlic, rinse them, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a clean board and chop them into small pieces up to 2-3 millimeters in size. After that, put on the countertop the remaining products that you will need to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare carbonara paste in a slow cooker.
Bring a full kettle of purified water to a boil. Then we insert the plug of the multicooker into the socket and we turn on the Baking mode. After a few minutes, we put the sliced brisket to the bottom of the heated Teflon bowl, cover the machine with a tight-fitting lid and cook the meat without a drop of extra fat for 10 minutes, without stirring. Then we add garlic to the slightly browned pork and fry them together for another 2-3 minutes, without covering and periodically loosening with a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula or a special plastic spoon.
After that, pour the right amount of cream, ketchup into the machine’s bowl, put salt, black pepper and dried basil to taste. Again, loosen everything to a homogeneous consistency and maintain in the same mode until the mixture thickens. This will take about 5 minutes, although it all depends on the fat content of the cream, you may have to stew longer.
When the sauce is condensed, we send the grated cheese into it, mix everything again and wait a couple of minutes, after which this dairy product begins to melt. As soon as this happens, we send the spaghetti, previously broken in half, into the bowl and fill them with boiled water from the kettle, so that they are completely covered with liquid.
We cover the kitchen appliance with a lid and wait 2 minutes on the “Baking” until the pasta softens, if this is not done they can damage the Teflon coating of the bowl. Then we open the machine again, mix everything to a uniform consistency, close it again, set the "Pilaf" mode and go to do other important things while the miracle technique works. At the end of the program, the multicooker will turn off, notifying you of this with a corresponding beeping or humming signal. We’re not in a hurry to open it, we wait a couple of minutes and only then we lift the lid, spread the hot spaghetti carbonara in portions on plates and immediately serve to the table.
Step 3: serve carbonara paste in a slow cooker.
Carbonara pasta in a slow cooker is served hot as a second main course.
Serve it in portions on plates, optionally supplementing each with fresh herbs of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil, as well as vegetable salads, pickles or marinades. Tasty and inexpensive! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- an alternative to ketchup is tomato paste, and pork smoked brisket - ham or bacon;
- if you want more sauce left, turn off the multicooker 5 minutes before the end of the program;
- it is better not to leave the finished dish in the "Preheat" mode, otherwise it will turn out to be too dry;
- in your kitchen appliance there is no “Pilaf” mode, then use “Multi cook” or “Cooking / porridge”, and for the Philips multicooker-cooker the “Ragu” function is suitable, but 10 minutes;
- any pasta dishes are best served on preheated dishes, because they quickly cool down;
- the above dish was cooked in a multicooker brand Panasonic 18, the volume of the bowl is 4.5 liters, with a capacity of 680 watts, at a maximum temperature in the Baking mode - 180 degrees Celsius.